Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom

aircooled57

i am really new to the world of php programming and have just started learning the mail function

i have setup a html form and configured the action file which i have named send_data.php

i have then used the mail function in the send_data.php to send the details filled out in the form to my email adress, which is where i have encountered a problem.

when submit button is selected a blank page with the following data appears on screen

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom

if anyone could help me with this i would be extremely grateful

many thanks

louis

sendmail_from can be set in php.ini, a .htaccess file, or in your script. The sendmail_from parameter is basically a default From: address that all scripts running on the server/host use when a script does not provide one in the headers (which is what the second part of the error message states.) Web hosts typically set something like user@hostingcompanydomain.com

If your code has a from address in it but you are receiving this error, that would indicate that your code is not doing what you expect. You would need to post your code to get help with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.