[SOLVED] What is it called?!?

monkeytooth

Ok, Im trying to think of a deffinition so I can search for a tutorial of some kind on it.. What are the color boxes called next to a form field..

Best Described, your filling out a form, it wants you to pick a web safe color, you click on a small box next to that form input and a small box pops up with 20-50 some odd colors i mean a fairly small box too, you select the color and it populates the field with the hex.. anyone know what thats called?

web hexadecimal color converter?

basically just play with words.

if you have photoshop you can choose a color - and then change to web safe colors , and it gives you the hexadecimal color.  alternatively just choose a color and use it - and hte browser should convert it to somethign it can read or whatnot - just play with it a little.

gdlk

Nah im not looking for it for my use, but I know what your trying to say, I know most of the colors I use by heart and if i don't i have my ways of finding the color code for them.. Thank you though..

the best example I can come up with is, http://www.mygen.co.uk/index.php?page=create if you see the top input box of that form, you will see what I mean, upon clicking it you are given a dialog that shows colors to pick from in a box.. upon clicking on a color of choice the web hex value gets put into the input box.. I want something similar but don't know what that particular type of addon is called, if i can find that out then I can do my research to find tutorials on how to make one of my own for what I want to do.. Which is ultimately give a client of mine a full proof way of working with his admin panel, and not mess up anything like those who have no idea how things work that assume its as easy as what they see..

You know, lol..

When you think its called something simple you figure its more complex, and when you think its something more complex its simple, go figure.. although I didn't take into account that since most of them generate on the fly that chances are its dealing with a bit o java.. so i been in search of a php version lol.. anyway thank you..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.