a href link to LAN folder with variables help

tet3828

I am trying to get my script to display and link using href tags to a folder on my server. it is a Linux based server being accessed by windows machines.

when I type this into my run menu on my windows machine to access the folder:

\\10.0.11.171\www\TRAINING SESSIONS\$variableDir\$variableDir

works fine but when I put it in a href tag in my script the slashes and varibles confuse it:

echo "<a href="'\\$ip\TRAINING SESSIONS\$variableDir\$variableDir'">Folder Link</a>";

this gives me the ole' encapsed string error. any suggestions? please and thanx!

p.s.I love the fact that there is people in these forms 7am on a super bowl sunday

p.s.I love the fact that there is people in these forms 7am on a super bowl sunday

Because the rest of the world doesn't give two hoots about the superbowl. try...

echo "<a href='\\\\$ip\\TRAINING SESSIONS\\$variableDir\\$variableDir'>Folder Link</a>";

Thanks for the suggestion!

I got it with this:

echo "<a href='\\$ip\TRAINING SESSIONS\$state\$clinic'>Folder Link</a>";

but now its trying to access it as a page in my browser:

http://10.0.11.171/10.0.11.171/TRAINING%20SESSIONS$state$clinic  <---this is show in my address bar  >:(

crap. I was hoping it would open the folder the way it does when I launch the folder from the run menu.

Anyone have some clues on how to do this?

I was hoping the link would open the folder the same way it does when you go to My computer and navigate to the folder or when you go to the run menu and type the network location as a folder.

its purpose it to open the folder on the server so users can drag and drop files into that folder. but its no huge deal. its not complicated to navigate manually.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.