Help?

Javis

How would i make it so that when they type in my site name mysite.com for it to bring them to my tos and not the actaull site? My tos is a page which i made for them to have to read through the rules and agree to them before they can enter the site.

Is that possible? or would i have to tell every one to go to mysite.com/tos?

Thanks in advance

You can do it with cookies or session variables. When the person agrees to your terms, a session variable goes on their computer. Have each page check for the existence of the session variable, and if it doesn't exist, forward them to the TOS. If it does exist, let them see the page.

Depending on your reasoning behind having them agree to the TOS, you may want to record their ISP addresses in a database when they agree, to have proof for the future if you may need it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.