User-end record sorting plus another question

Dimwhit

I'm self-taught in all this, and as such, I know very little. Here's what I'm working with:

- adoption-related website with records of families wanting to adopt. They've listed gender, age, and number of children preferences. I'm looking for a way to sort through these records based on those criteria.

Here's what I have so far:

- I'm able to do most of this by passing the variable through the url. For example

view.php?gender=Girl&age=LT9

Will return only records of families looking to adopt a girl under 9 years old. So I now have 2 questions.

1. Can I pass an 'OR' function this way? The gender options are Boy, Girl, and Either, so I need to be able to pass 2 of those. e.g. view.php?gender=Girl OR gender=Either. I'm not sure how to do that, or if there's even a way. Maybe I need to input the data into the db differently in the first place.

2. I'd like a simple form where the age, gender, and number if children can be entered, then sorted. I've tried to find some tutorials explaining this, but I haven't found any that I've been able to understand. I'm not looking for someone here to give me a detailed explanation on how to do it...just to maybe point me to a tutorial that's geared toward relative newbies like me.

simple when you think about it

pass the "Gender" variable through a series of if / then / else statements

if ($_REQUEST['Gender'] == 'girl') {

} elseif ($_REQUEST['Gender'] == 'bou') {

} else {

}

lots of things you can do inside of that framework

simple when you think about it

pass the "Gender" variable through a series of if / then / else statements

if ($_REQUEST['Gender'] == 'girl') {

} elseif ($_REQUEST['Gender'] == 'bou') {

} else {

}

lots of things you can do inside of that framework

lol Whats a bou? :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.