Forum interface to read your mails?

calande

Which interface do you prefer to read your mails?  

1. 1. Which interface do you prefer to read your mails?

• Gmail or regular webmails
    • Forum interface
    • I don't mind

Hello,

I was thinking how great forum software is, everybody likes forums, and forum interfaces are neat, with organized threads. I was wondering: What if we used the same forum interface to read our mails? :)

I was browsing a popular forum and I saw that most elements of the forum interface has its equivalent in a webmail:

Forum Webmail

List of categoriesLabels, common directories (inbox, sent, drafts, trash)

List of subcategoriesSublabels

ThreadThread

Reply formReply form

Advanced searchAdvanced search

Member listAddress book

View unread messagesView unread messages

A message could be in several "subforums" at the same time, as it would be flagged (ie: "Business", "Resumes"). Obviously, access would be password-protected.

So! My question is: Imagine this were the interface of your webmail: http://www.phpbb.com/community - Would you like it better than Gmail's interface? Or do you prefer Gmail's interface? Please only take the interface aspect into account, just assume the speed of the interface would be as fast as Gmail's. To be honnest, I like both, and I would have a hard time taking a decision, but I want you to be frank, please take the poll and speak out! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.