simple date format error

hoogie

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem formatting dates.  I'm looping through an array of dates from a database.  If I do it this way:

<?php

foreach ($date_array as $d) {

echo date($d);

}

?>

I get a bunch of 2008-02-15s, which is the correct date.  However, I only want the day number, so I write it like this:

<?php

foreach ($date_array as $d) {

echo date("d", $d);

}

?>

This returns a bunch of 31s.  Upon further investigation, I realized that when I try to format the date it returns December 31, 1969, no matter what my variable date is.  I've done some google searching, and as far as I can tell I'm writing the code right, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm running

XAMPP for Linux 1.6.5a

PHP 5.2.5

MySQL 5.0.51

I have a feeling there is a simple answer to this question but I have been unable to find it.  Thanks for your help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.