Apache vs IIS

xGROMx

I'm sure you have seen this a few times on here befor, I am looking for opinions from real people not someone righting a story.

I have been running IIS6 for some time now useing it for a storage servers and small sites with out cgi or isapi scrips installed. The reason I am out looking at other software is all becouse of the installation of PHP, and the myth of it ever working with IIS.

By far I have been a GUI administor and tend to stay away from a lot of text editing. I am looking for recomendations on Apache and how you administor the server. I did a quick "apache gui" google search and saw alot of diffrent Gui platforms that say they admin apache. Are these anygood to go with or do they just mess with the stability of the server?

Can some one kick me in the right direction please?

-anthony

I'm not sure why you would need a gui to administer Apache. Depending on your initial setup, all your configuration can be kept in one simple file. You also have the flexability of deviding your configurations into allot of smaller files if needed.

Simple configuration through text editing is allot more powerfull then editing via any gui IMO. My servers (All Linux) don't even run any desktop managers so there is no chance of usinga gui unless it is web based.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.