PHPMailer help

xyar

Hi all,

I'm desperate to find an answer, if anyone can help.  I built a referral page so existing customers of a small motel chain can send coupons to their friends and attract new business.  I built it using PHPMailer to email the PDF of the coupon to the recipient.  The problem is there appears to (still) be a bug in PHPMailer  wherein when I add multiple addresses separated by commas using the $mail->AddAddress function, it won't work, it only works if I use the $mail->AddAddress individually for each email address.  Their documentation claims it should work but it doesn't.

So all I'm trying to do is take a string that might have multiple email addresses separated by commas, and have it spit out individual $mail->AddAddress commands for each one so this will work for more than one address at a time.  I know this is simple but I can't figure it out to save my life.  I came across some ASP code that will do it but cannot figure out how to convert it to PHP.  I posted to the PHPMailer forum on Sourceforge back in December but never got any replies.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

• 4 weeks later...

<?php
  $emails = 'email@domain.com,email2@host.com';
  $emailarray=expode(',',$emails);

foreach($em as $emailarray)
    $mail->AddAddress($em);
?>

Your variables are backwards in your FOREACH statement.

Also, what is the use in posting the same code to a post that is 3 weeks old?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.