Re-enabling PHP error levels

drewbee

Hello everyone,

I disabled the PHP error handling global PHP option. After turning it back on (recompiling apache) etc, my error messages will only show up if i explicitly set the erroring reporting in the page. Otherwise it seems like the setting isn't taking effect. Does anyone have any tips or areas I may have missed in the PHP config that I left the error reporting turned off elsewhere?

Make sure php is reading the php.ini you are editing by running the phpinfo() function.

Also ensure that the line your are editing within the the php.ini does not start with a #. Lines that start with # are considered as comments.

For errors to be reported during runtime error_reporting should be set to atleast E_ALL and display_errors should be set to on. Save the php.ini and restart Apache for changes to take affect

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.