Injections.

timmy0320

Well first off, let me say that I've used search a lot on this topic. Google, etc. Read up on a lot of ways to stop SQL Injections. But what my question is, I have on my registration page is email formatting check, usernames are alphanumeric only, all the works. It also has inputs for a Referral, First Name, Last Name and Security Question answer. I tried injecting my site with the "common" injections that I've found through browsing. What I use is stripslashes(trim()). Until I put an "or die();" feature after the insert it just wasn't inserting the user because of my attempts to inject it. What I did was test the insertions and when I used common injections the or die(); would show. The message I put into it was "hack attempt." I tested it with other characters such as !@#$%(^&)*" and it only does the die when I actually insert an injection.

My question is just simple, is stripslashes(trim()); a good way to prevent injections or should I use other formatting?

Also, should I leave the or die(); at Hack attempt or just put Error Registering? lol.... :D

$answer = stripslashes(trim($_POST['answer']));

Read that somewhere also. Everyones got plenty of different ways, I've seen a bunch of different things but I've been learning a lot of stuff from here and php.net by reading and you guys have the best knowledge I've seen for a forum. Thanks for the help. Anyone else have more suggestions, send em!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.