show form from function?

Stooney

Need some opinions.  This is a function from a class I'm working (this has nothing to do with the actual class though).  In my change_password function should I show the form from it?  Or should forms be shown from outside of a class/function?  Here's what I mean (The question is marked near the bottom). 

It has been suggested that I include the form from a separate file (reset_pw_form.html).  I'm just not sure where a form belongs (inside the function, wherever i need it in the script, or included from an external file).

Note: ignore minor errors, I haven't tested it yet.  And this is similar to my post in the OOP board, but this board seemed more appropriate.

<?php
        public function change_password(){
	if(isset($_POST['old_password'])){
		global $dbc;
		global $user;
		//Form was submitted, sanitaze user input
		$data=$dbc->sanitize(array($_POST['old_password'], $_POST['new_password1'], $_POST['new_password2']));
		//Check if old password matches
		$check=$dbc-query("SELECT id FROM ".$CONFIG['db_prefix']."_users WHERE id='$user->userid' AND password=PASSWORD('$data[0]')");
		if($dbc->numrows($check)==1){
			//Old password was a match, validate and set the new password.
			if(strlen($data[1])>5 && $data[1]==$data[2]){
				//Password is greater than 6 characters and both match
				$update=$dbc->query("UPDATE ".$CONFIG['db_prefix']."_users SET password=PASSWORD('$data[1]') WHERE id='$user->userid'");
				if($dbc->affected()==1){
					//Password was updated successfully
					return true;
				}
			}
			else{
				//New password wasn't valid
			}
		}
		else{
			//Old password didn't match
		}
	}
	else{
		//Form has not been submitted
		//*****************Should I show the form here?  Or should that be done outside of the class?
	}
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.