Have a quick look! Fire Performers Web Site

Fearpig

Hi guys,

Thanks to various people on here and tutorials from all over, I am redoing our website and would love to know what you guys think...

www.FireFlyz.co.uk

Please let me know your thoughts on the colours, content, feel, useability and all the usual junk!

Many thanks again to all the people who have put up with my stupid questions and who have been willing to step down several mental gears to teach me!

Cheers

Tom

FireFlyz Performer / Tech.

Hi Fearpig,

The black and red are harsh on the eyes. Maybe "tone it down" a bit. Also the random image to the left of the page is just there. It serves no purpose in your current layout. I suggest checking out some band sites with similar music style and write down all the things you like about those sites and combine them into something new. May take a bit longer, but it'll give your band a pro look.

SC

I spent a fair time on the site. Fantastic content!! That's what really draws the crowds to your site, not its look and feel.

All the usual junk?  It needs more 'white space'. Make the space between the vertical (sub) menus and the content bigger; increase the vertical spacing within the text (use CSS line-height).  Arial (the font I see) is rather blah: verdana is a better web choice.  You might want to use graphical H1 and H2 elements rather than plain text.  There are lots of methods for doing that while maintaining usability and SEO stuff.

This is one of those rare cases where the web site is less appealing than the content :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.