Frames or no frames? that is the question.

dellis203

Hi everyone,

got a situation here, I use frames and iframes in my pages with php and flash. I know Search engines dont like iframes nor frames. I want each page to have a different title in IE for each page. but this is my situation - I do alot of work on websites for bands and musicians and they all want jukeboxes playing continuously through out there site.

I have banged my head around this in order to do this without the use of frames or iframes for the "content" areas.

what I end up doing 90% of the time is create a framed site with the top portion of the frame hidden playing a flash file that calles an mp3 and in the other frame where everything is, is where I have my music controls using the netobject parameter in flash. is there a way to do what I am trying to achieve without the use of frames that anyone can think of.

Thank you for your help

D

Some ajax may help. Simply when the page load attach an event to all the links and make them fetch the page content using AJAX. If the JS breaks, the link still points to the page, you can also add a special query to the URL as an ajax (i.e. var url  = a.href + "?ajax=1";)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.