internal server error

iONic

I had the SMF up and running soothly for a number of days.

Last night I decided to install both BoastMashine and Calendarix.

I created folders in my html dir and FTP's the files there.

BoastMashine required me to Change file permissions using my FTP client, select the file by clicking on it once on the remote system side and then right-click on the file to bring up the option menu and select CHMOD.

/blog/ - 777 (Parent directory)

/blog/backup - 777

/blog/files - 777

/blog/templates - 777

/blog/rss - 777

/blog/bmc/inc/lang - 777

/blog/bmc/inc/vars - 777

/blog/bmc/inc/vars/cache - 777

(assuming that /blog is the parent directory)

I did this.

Then it required me to  Run the install script on my server (by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/blog/bmc/install.php with your web browser) and follow the instructions.

I did this but never got the window to add aditional information. End of story here...

Installing Calendarix:

# You can create a folder called "calendar" in the "/var/www/html" directory. Then you can upload all the Calendarix files to the web server using a FTP client. For FTP upload instructions, please click here.

For this example, Calendarix will be uploaded to /var/www/html/calendar/ directory and the website address will be http://www.yourdomain.com/calendar.

# Setup your MySQL database in the Site Admin Panel. Please click here for more information.

In phpMyAdmin (access through your Site Admin Panel), open /admin/create_cal.sql file with any text editor, copy and paste the contents to the "Run SQL query/queries on database" field box in the phpMyAdmin (under the "SQL" section).

Click "Go" to continue. You should be able to see the message "Your SQL query has been executed successfully". This did not occur.

End of story here...

I planned to get help with these installation in the morning.

I then decided to check the SMF Forum for new posts and when I did I received this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, advancedsupport@doteasy.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at xxxxxxxx.com Port 80 (Actual domain was listed correctly)

The next morning I deleted the 2 folders labeled BoastMashine and Calendarix. This did not change the error I was getting when I tried to access the forum site.

ANY SUGGESTIONS!

Can I reinstall SMF without losing specific information, settings...etc.?

error.log

[Mon Feb 18 09:25:32 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] Premature end of script headers: php-script

[Mon Feb 18 09:25:32 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /home/virtual/site242/fst/var/www/html/favicon.ico

[Mon Feb 18 09:29:24 2008]

Note: xx.xx.xxx.xx was substituted for actual ip address.

Thanks

While waiting for a response I has since made a backup of all the files in my forum directory. Then I replaced then with the original files from the SMF installation. I continue to get the same error.

Could the database itself be corrupt or something?

does anyone know what program I can use to extract a xxxx.tar.tgz compressed file, as alzip does not seem to be able to although .tar and .tgz compressed files are supported.

Although I believe the problem may stem from one of the programs I was installing, the fact that my forum still will not work despite deleting the folders for BoastMashine and Calendarix. And I am so new to this I haven't a clue as to where to begin. I replaced every file in the forum folder (SMF folder) and this did nothing to help. Thus I am suspecting a problem with one of the files in the database but haven't a clue as to where to begin.

The database is in its infancy, but it took a lot of time to get this information loaded.  Is there a way to, at the very least, to save the forum posts and user information?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.