Best php/mysql script for news and updates?

aaricwon

I am redesigning http://www.tuffnuffmma.com.

Currently it is using Mambo but after thinking it over, I don't think Mambo or Joomla is needed. There is only 1 person that does updates. I just need a news script that can have multiple catagories and can be easily integrated into a sites design.

Any suggestions?

I liked CuteNews a LONG time ago but that uses flat file instead of mysql and I am sure this stuff has come a long way since the time I used to use CuteNews

You could quite easily write a simple news script, especially if it's only to be used by one person.

Cutenews isn't a bad option though. I've never looked into the code behind it, but it probably wouldn't be too hard just to switch it to mysql instead of files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.