Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crimsonduex

PHP and the Breeding Sim

I've looked all over, but I can't seem to find any help at all. I've been asked to try and create a php script for an online breeding sim dealing with horses. I have all the necessary genetics information, have everything planned out nice and pretty, but I can't for the life of me figure out HOW to code it.

I have only the very basic knowledge of php, but I do know C++ and since they look superficially rather similar, I thought I could do it, but I really am lost.

Does anyone know what kind of script I should be writing? I thought maybe OOP might work, since it deals with inheritance, but I'm not entirely sure. Basically, the script needs to take data from each parent -- the stats, breed, and color information are all already coded -- and do the pundit square math. There would be the basic stat conversion, where the foal would inherit the sum of both parents' stat*.35, and then the color genes would do the regular thing... pureblood bayXpureblood bay=pureblood bay and so on.

Can anyone help?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.