help me i gonna die

ufo973

hi,

i am new to webdesigning thus i got a problem in aligning two divs side by side.

I am in trouble since 1 week i am trying to figure it out but always end with another problem :(

I am uploading my work here so if someone can fix it for me please.

Link: http://www.zshare.net/download/7999354eea1d55/

THE CHALLENGE

1>align the right hand div so it is horizonaly and verticaly centered.

2>fix the bug in the left hand div (takes strange shapes when you resize the right hand div).

Thanx in advance.

Theres no point in doing it for you because you might get the problems again in tthe future and you will end up asking for somebody to do it again ... lol we are here to help not work for you. But if you are looking for a freelancer post it in the freelance board.

You should use tables to align your dives

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>left div</td>

<td>right div</td>

</tr>

</table>

sorry drisate, i disagree. tables, though they can be used, should only be used to hold data (i think that's what they were designed for). proper public-use web design will involve using divs, etc. and using css to format. check out this for columns and such

i agree, it is very easy to work with tables. but, the capabilities of css are much more vast. take a look at most well known sites, say download.com, and disable css. you'll see that they don't use tables, at least sparingly. it creates less code, lets search engines crawl your site easier, makes it more cross platform for mobiles, blah, blah. sorry to ramble, but it is worth learning good web design.

All my tables are css styled and it's not a Modified bulletin board it my bulletin board lol No idea how much it slows the website down but i do beleave keeping the formating in css the most you can will reduce the page html output and result in a faster indexion by the webspiders. Anyway, i always coded like that and use divs in rare occasions.

did anyone realize we are discussing this under "PHP Help"?

is that bad? lol as long as we take the time to read and help others lol

Thank you guys for your replies but unfortunately i couldn't found my answer among those posts :(

I have already spent 1 week on this shit finaly rising white flag i uploaded here maybe someone else can couquer it but every body is giving only suggestions no body solved it :(

Please download the file and fix it for me it is very very importent for me.

css in php, i really don't care, i'm no moderator.

i don't have too much knowledge on google's search algorithm, but from i have heard, they don't to much dig messy html. and they may consider ill achieved web design just that. you don't want google to dislike you, you must please that which is great.

BTW, i posted a link that would solve it!!!

I appreciate a lot of people have used tables for a long time since before divs came around, but it is time to move on and stick with standards. There are so many more benefits of using divs instead of tables for layout.

much faster page loads.

changing the whole layout of a huge site in seconds within css style sheets, without having to redraw new tables.

switchable stylesheets.

easier to update, hence cheaper for the user and less headache for the designers

complying to web standards.

there are millions more reasons which I'm sure you will find if you do a table vs divs search.

yeah i guess lol maby for an other rev

Please download the file and fix it for me it is very very importent for me.

Sorry bro i am not gona do it for you. Theres more benefit in showing how to fish then giving a fish. Your gona have to try the sugestions and ask questions as you block