Fill multiple textfields

synted

I need to write some code so when pressing a button i will fill multiple textfields in a page automaticly based on some requests. For example i would like to file the first 5 textfields with the letter a the next two with the letter b and the next 5 with the letter c.

Any ideas?

something like...

<form method="post" action="">

<input type="text" name="whatever" value="<?=var1?>" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" />

</form>

At the top of the page do something like:

if(isset($_POST['submit']))

{

$var1 = 'a';

}

In the form above the value for the input text field will be filled in with the 'a' from $var1.

Thank you for that. Now i want to make it more complex. I have some persons. Lets say 2. NameA and NameB. I have a monthly plan for them and which hours they can work. I have their requests for the shifts that they can not work. So i want to use the fill button for both of them on a monthly view so it can fill my database with the days and shifts they can work.

Is it possible? I am stuck and can't think anything to help me move on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.