searching two tables but sorting by one

freiden

I've been trying many combinations of things, but I think what I need is some kind of join statement. I have two tables, xyz_dest and xyz_destloc. I'm performing a query that needs to find all of the rows in xyz_destloc that have a specific zipcode column but also checks to see if the 'title' column of xyz_dest is similar to the search term.

The method I'm trying to accomplish is to perform that search, but then only display DISTINCT rows from xyz_dest that show all of the rows from xyz_destloc that are relevant.

For example

xyz_destloc:

id  |  zipcode  |  address  |  destid(id from table xyz_dest)

1   |  12345    | 123 way  |  1

2   |  12345    | 412 street|  1

3   |  12344    | 123 xyz   |  1

4   |  54321    | 415 abc   |  2

xyz_dest:

id  |  title

1   | 'Destination 1'

2   | 'Destination 2'

3   | 'Destination 3'

So if I search for a title similar to 'destination' in the zipcode 12345, I would like it to return:

"Destination 1: 123 way & 412 street"

I hope that makes sense

Right now, my query is something like this - that does not function...

"SELECT xyz_dest.id, xyz_dest.title FROM xyz_dest, xyz_destloc ON xyz_destloc.destid=xyz_dest.id WHERE xyz_destloc.zipcode='$zipcode' AND xyz_dest.title LIKE '%$keywords%'"

Thanks a bunch!!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.