retest of my chatbox

helraizer

Hi folks,

http://www.helraizer.co.uk/mychatbox/

I just moved my chatbox to a database rather than file for ease of use and accessibility. The user now has the option to delete posts etc.. later the user will be able to edit their posts etc...

I am aware that the database aspect means there are more risks, could you guys please test it out and leave feedback. I'm pretty sure it's well protected but I may have missed something.  If you cannot find any risks, could you let me know also.

Thanks,

Sam

I like it, and I posted a little comment, looked around, seems stabel enough.

Although when I refresh the page, it loads from top down and it takes longer than normal to load the sidebar images, but ah well.

Otherwise, nice job.

Is it me or did something just happen to the forum? Some table didn't exist a second ago and now loads of posts were just deleted...

Wow, this'll show my clairvoyance:

KeeB, for the question you asked in the post after this one (:P): The idea behind it is that it is an image based chatbox that can be used as a forum signature, or other. So you can have a chat with your friends which can be then viewed outside the realms of your site.

I can link it here, for instance:

chatbox1.gif

I like it, and I posted a little comment, looked around, seems stabel enough.

Although when I refresh the page, it loads from top down and it takes longer than normal to load the sidebar images, but ah well.

Otherwise, nice job.

I've changed all the images to gif now, so they should load quicker. Before they were png.

Sam

So how are you identifying the user inputting the comment? my guess is cookies, considering IPs change, and that wouldn't be the most effective manner.

Oh, and like I said in my comment, the edt function is working well, and the images are loading x234352653 faster.

So how are you identifying the user inputting the comment? my guess is cookies, considering IPs change, and that wouldn't be the most effective manner.

Oh, and like I said in my comment, the edt function is working well, and the images are loading x234352653 faster.

At the moment it is done by IP, and just incase the user uses broadband and their IP doesn't reset, they can only edit it within 72 hours. I am going to use a different way in the near future but for now it's IP.

Sam

Interesting idea. Is the background image customizable? If so I didn't notice it..

the user can't change the background, but I can, easily. In the not so distant future I will be developing a user system so people can get their own chatboxes (if they so desired), then there would be a choice of backgrounds for them, a word censor list, choice of colours (depending on background image) and choice of different fonts too, possibly other tools. Any ideas for some?

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.