Member Login and file downloading

I run fastandfurousfootball.com.  I am looking for a way to add a member login to my site.  I have mysql and phpadmin with my hosting company.  I want the member login information to get a username, password, and email address.  I have some Ideal how to create this database, but not 100% sure

I also have a tone of files available for downloading from my site.  I want to create a database that allows me to see what files are being downloaded the most.  I would need help creating this database.  I dont have a clue.  Is this even possible

rather simple really,

simplest way would be to incorporate a CMS like joomla,

following that try google for user management script etc...

for the download joomla has a couple components that could handle it,

or just create the link to a PHP file that would add to your DB tracking entry and set the header to the file

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.