please give feedback on my webmaster toolbox

Chat

bwdp.org/webmaster - i'm working on it always. most recent thing i done was the search engine guidelines.... as u can see it's very comprehensive - just click the "i" to get extra list subitems.

i'm trying to make this portal as useful as poss to webamsters generally, without making it too search engine unfriendly or accessibility-poor.

any suggestions much appreciated.

When I first loaded it, I felt a little overwhelmed by the massive amounts of text, but I qucikly found my way around. I suppose it's fine for right now, but a new organizational method will be needed in the near future, assuming it gets bigger.

As for ways of organizing, well..you may have to make decisions. Possibly creating a side toolbar that lists the the most general 'topics', and have the front oage be updates, news, tricks & tips, etc...

Typical yes, but it works, and it'd be an easy way to keep it managable.

http://www.tutorialized.com <-- good example, if you can keep yours cleaner though it'd be a dream to deal with.

thanks for the tips.

i used to have a 3-column layout that used table markup... which is what tutorialised does. i'm trying to do the tableless markup thing and i dont know if 3 columns ideal.... but i take ur point about a standard sidebar navigation - i've had comments like this before and i'll keep working on it.

any more advice would be much appreciated  :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.