loading php files in local host

Roar

Hi, I'm a php newbie. Due to my work I've needed to set up Moodle on my pc which is all fair and well as its a pretty cool thing to learn.

Anyway, my problem is where do I keep and how do I display my homemade php files?

I've tried keeping them in the same folder as the moodle php files but when I try to open them in a browser it doesnt like it and repeatedly shows the run/save gui.

Ive changed the internet file type options to open with ie as opposed to DW which was the previous setting.

ok so moodle is a php cms ? never used it before but im guessing its like phpnuke and the like,

what webserver do you have? i would definetely reccomend apache 2x/2.2x

you can use xammp and similar projects for ease of installation.

if you can run php at all from a browser im stumped as to why a simple php script on its own would not be recognised....

cheers,

Thansk for the swift reply.

moodle is a free software e-learning programme, a cms as you say.

My http//localhost default is my moodle 'homepage' default. If I type the http//localhost/helloworld.php in I get the page I required (now you know my knowledge of php lol)

However surely I should be able to click/ right -click the file in its folder location and open/open with in the ie browser?

Maybe im missing something obvious here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.