How to keep track of how many times a page was printed

kpetsche20

you could track page loads easily enough,

are you re-using the same bar-code for the various coupons?

if so good luck, any one person could print up 1 or 100

might be able to track that with javascript but getting the information back would be a whole nother thing...

As said, make a seperate barcode for each coupon - there are classes/functions to be found on google to do it for you.. no idea about how good they are but worth a go.

Otherwise a seperate identifier code for each one - print a coupon id and only let it be used once.

Once the user has the PHP page you have no guaranteed way of knowing what they'll do with it.

What if I tell it to print 5 copies. You would have only clicked the button once, yet 5 would have been printed off.

The only way to solve this as far as I can see, is what others have suggested. A unique barcode for each coupon.

like the others said.

There is simply no way (that we knwo of) to do this. Lets say you do unique bar codes... a few problems arise...

I could just print off 5 of that 1 unique coupon you gave me.

Plus, nothing stops people from putting it in a copy machine and making a million more.

And what are the coupons for? If they will be using these coupons at a walmart or soemthing... then its not feasable to send walmart tens of thousands of bar codes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.