new to php, I want to check if this is possible - please guide me

ultrapyro

Hello I have never coded any PHP in my life. However Today is the day I begin my journey to learn it.

I have a quick question though for everyone that I'm confused about. I have someone helping me out learn PHP. I want to ask him a question but I don't know how to phrase it properly. Here is what I want to ask him about specifically. (... heres my scenario) I'm sure everyone has seen facebook, or myspace or some social networking site. But you know how everyone has comments, or statuses, pic captions.. etc. How does that whole process work. What I mean specifically is, there is a form that the user puts their comment, or pic caption... and then it saves... but to where? I understand I need a database... can someone point me in the general direction of a tutorial or something to help me get started. I want to make a simple thing on my webpage where people can just enter a caption and it saves. thats all. Please guide me

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.