How do I test my code?

TrillionBuks

Upload it too a web server, particularly Apache with updated PHP/mySQL,

Or use your localhost.

phpMyAdmin is good for interacting with your DB.

umm, just google some of those terms and you're bound to string it together.

In what way!?

If your totally starting new, You need a localhost or a hosting account

I'd reccomend doing a google for "WAMP" which creates a PHP / MySQL Server for you

If you mean if your testing variables etc, Your best doing an echo statement of that variable

i.e : echo $variable;

Your post seems to be too generic to be able to give you a proper answer though

In what way!?

I'd reccomend doing a google for "WAMP" which creates a PHP / MySQL Server for you

If you mean if your testing variables etc, Your best doing an echo statement of that variable

Iam creating an form with four fields and I want to see how it looks when executed. In addition I wasnt to test the email and phone number verification.

In what way!?

XAMPP is an also good way.

Or you can find a free host that offers FTP and upload them and see what it does.

As stated above, being new, do a google search for WAMP and XAMP, and install one of these locally on your machine.  This will install everything that you need to test codes.

They are installers, so you dont need to change setting manually if you dont want to.

I installed WAMP and it gives me an error when I try to put it online. "the service has not been started". I start all services but nothing happens. I am trying to test the following code. Can anyone help or review my code for errors? Thanks.

<?php

if (isset($_POST['first_name']) && isset($_POST['last_name']) && isset($_POST['email']) && isset($_POST['phone']) && !empty($_POST['first_name']) &7 !empty($_POST['last_name']) && !empty($_POST['email']) && !empty($_POST['phone'))

{

$errors = array();

if (!ereg("^[^@ ]+@[^@ ]+\.[^@ ]+$", $_POST['email'])

{

$errors[] = "Invalid E-Mail Address!";

}

if (!ereg("((\(\d{3}\)?)|(\d{3}))([\s-./]?)(\d{3})([\s-./]?)(\d{4})", $_POST['phone'])

{

$errors[] = "Invalid Phone Number!";

}

if (!empty($errors))

{

foreach ($errors as $error)

{

echo $error . "<br />";

}

} else {

echo "First Name: " . $_POST['first_name'] . "<br />";

echo "Last Name: " . $_POST['last_name'] . "<br />";

echo "E-Mail : " . $_POST['email'] . "<br />";

echo "Phone: " . $_POST['phone'] . "<br />";

}

}

?>

This may be a bit much but what I do to test my code is upload it to my web host. There are providers out their that offer free hosting if you own a domain name. I use godaddy, buy a .info or something for like $4 and get a free hosting account for the year. Just make sure to pick linux to test the php, found that out the hard way! But $4 a yr for a workable environment i thought was pretty good. Lol plus you would be a customer so you can always call and complain when something breaks ^_^

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.