User Management

RADelacruz

I have been reading some tutorials about login scripts/user management. I have a few questions.

If i want login scripts, but dont want a registration page, how would i go about doing that? I would like to manually add the members. Or if i have to use registration; i would want to be able to deny or approve the people before they can be registered. How can I code this?

Also, i have not found any good tutorials on how to make the rest of the user management, like where to edit info, and other things that the members would be able to interact with. is there any tutorials on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1/ Just simply don't build the registration pages. You can either add your users manually (directly in the database) or make a registration type page that only you (the admin) can get to.

2/ This is a simple matter of making a page that displays user data in a form. Once the form is submitted it will UPDATE the user data in the database. This really has little to do with user management as it can apply to any data stored within your database. Look up soime tutorials on editing database data.

some user management scripts have this option built in. The admin lists emails in the backend and sends them out, recipients of the emails are given a link to signup and a unique code that only works for their email address. User fills in signup form, enters that email address and code, upon clicking submit details send to DB, a function stating something like if email = blahblahblah then code = blahblahblah else blahblahblah. DB finds this and registers user, deletes code from DB. User is registered............ or something like that

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.