Getting, saving, displaying and editing data.

Braveheartt

Hey again!

I'm seeking some help with PHP and HTML (I know this is a PHP website, but HTML is closely linked so I hope it's alright!)

Basically what I want to do is input data, save the data, show the data and be able to edit it.

So the first page needs to have a password field (HTML) which requires the password to match that of a defined one. (PHP file?) How would I do that?

The next page will have a number of different input fields (HTML, already done!) once submitted, is stored somewhere (PHP file? Or how would I do this?)

Next we have another page which displays all the inputted data in a number of tables etc (PHP > HTML?). There'd be an edit button on this page which requires another different password to be put it, and this allows the person to edit the data which is displaying.

That is everything in a basic break down. Now I know I need to use HTML, but for the data saving how would I go about doing that? What about displaying the data, should I use PHP instead? Instead of going HTML>PHP>HTML.

Bear in mind I am a PHP noob noob nooooob!

You need to just search Google for basic PHP/MySQL tutorials. What your asking is very broad and your not going to be able to do it without basic knowledge.

It wouldn't hurt to read through all the PHP/MySQL tutorials on this site:

www.tizag.com

or

www.w3schools.com

After that, you should start figuring out how to do what your wanting.

You need to just search Google for basic PHP/MySQL tutorials. What your asking is very broad and your not going to be able to do it without basic knowledge.

It wouldn't hurt to read through all the PHP/MySQL tutorials on this site:

www.tizag.com

or

www.w3schools.com

After that, you should start figuring out how to do what your wanting.

I have been! The thing is, most tutorials are going to teach me something which is completely irrelevant to what I want to do. If there is a tutorial about inputting data, saving it into a MySQL, and displaying it on a web site then bring it on!

Thanks! I've been doing tutorials on that tizag site.

One question: my website does not (for some reason) allow me to use PHP code in the pages even though it is a PHP website. So I have to use HTML code, can I get the input with HTML, save it with PHP-MYSQL then display it again with HTML? (can HTML read from PHP or whatever?) How would I do that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.