sick of parked domains

scarhand

i am really sick of this

every time i think up a good domain name that is not taken, its parked

this shouldn't even be allowed

half the domains on the internet that are registered are parked

pretty soon the internet will just be a collection of parked pages with irrelevant advertisements on them that people are hoping to make 12 dollars a month from

</pissed off rant>

edit by neylitalo: Profanity is not allowed, encouraged, or necessary. There are much more intelligent ways to express yourself.

What I _HATE_ is typo squatters. It's such a pain when I accidentally type www.example.cm and end up getting a web page that resizes the window, and then has one of those horrible ads that has ecomotions on it and screams "WHAT'S UP?!?!?!" and "NO WAI!!!!!!!!".

Chris

i couldnt agree with you more, only there's big business in domain names if you know what you're doing. if you think about it though, it's just like any other business - buy as cheap as possible, sell for as much as possible. the prices generally only reflect the traffic/keywords/demand for that particular name.

if you see one parked, make an offer to the domain owner. i have a couple now that i've gotten for cheap (for what they are) just because the owner couldnt wait to get rid of them and couldnt afford keeping up with constant renewal costs for all the ones they owned.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.