• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Daen

Daen
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

Well, this might not be the most appropriate place to ask about an Xampp version of Apache, but since their forums are all in german, and I can't read german, I thought I'd see if anyone would know how to solve the problem here.

Ok, I'm trying to put an alias in my httpd.conf file in order to access a mapped network drive. I have Apache set to logon in service mode with a username that has access to said network drive.

Here's the relevant part of the .conf file:

Alias /mediaFiles/ "X:/Evaluation & Measurement/English Certification Test/Student DATA/"
<Directory "X:/Evaluation & Measurement/English Certification Test/Student DATA">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Now here's the weird part. When I start apache from the command line, it runs just fine, and I can even access the aliased directory. When I try to start it with the Xampp control panel, it starts, then dies right after. No errors logged in the error log, nothing. Just dies.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any ideas how to fix it? I guess I could run it through the command line if I have to, but I would really rather be able to run it through the control panel if possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users