A curious mind..

monkeytooth

Im curious, I want to run a live server well 2 actually.. one Windows Based, One Linux based.. overall though a windows based one for the time being linux will come later..

My thing is, is, that I'm looking for a server control system. Something similar to Plesk, C-Panel, H-Sphere, what ever. Something that will give me simple access of my server and all elements there of pertaining to hosting, email, sql, etc... on a root level so to speak.. then allow me to give some people access to there own panels for accounts I give to them with just enough control over there account, domains, email, etc but not the root of the whole machine. like I said something plesk like for example. But free and or open source, thats remotely close to as feature rich.. Main reason for all this is, I have a few sites, and a few more planned.. and a few of my friends have sites and I just want ease of use over the server Im hosting all this on.. I'm sick of going into conf files and editing restarting etc for every component of the server to add and remove things and make things work.. componets being ftp setup, email setup, sql setup, and so on..

So any suggestions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.