DNS error / Google verification process

sKunKbad

I have a Google Webmasters Tools account, which is verified for site ownership by placing either a meta tag in the home page, or by uploading a special file into the root directory. I have done both of these, but regardless of verification method, Google is saying that there is an error with the DNS that is preventing the verification process from being completed. What's strange is that the site had been verified for a long time, and it has only been within the last day that it lost its verification.

So, I contacted my host, and they said:

I did find an error on the  primary A zone for that  definition.  I've corrected it and the proper

response is now being returned

His response sounded like the issue should have been resolved, but Google will still not let me verify. I used a free online DNS checker, and it seemed to show that the DNS was ok. Domain I checked was www.tv-sewingcenter.com . I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has run into a problem like this, or if anyone with real DNS experience can tell me what's wrong with the DNS. The website itself is still functioning perfectly...

So all of this got me worrying about whether or not the search results for the site would be effected by this DNS issue. The site has good search results for all of the searches we would feel are important, and it would be devastating to our small business if the site was taken out of the search results because Google no longer sees it.

Any advice or insight is appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.