MySQL not showing up in phpinfo

I've already copied over a working php.ini file and it still does not work.  I am running a server at home that it works fine, and installed on my laptop for development, and it does not work on the laptop, but does on the server.

Whether its a working php.ini or not something else may need to be configured in order for the mysql (php) extension (not mysql server) to function correctly.

Can you post the steps you used to install Apache and PHP. Also what OS are you using on your laptop and server.

Laptop is Windows Vista, sever is Windows 2000

Installed MySQL on Laptop, installed Apache, and then installed PHP.

I got it to work, the php_mysql.dll was not on the Laptop, but now when I run it will get info from the sql database, but I cannot log in as it seems that sessions are not enabled or something like that.  Whenever I try to login, it just passes me to home.php, which it is supposed to do after a successful login, but I do not have any user links, just the guest links.

Any ideas on this?

Start by turning on full php error reporting and display errors (in php.ini, a .htaccess file, or in your script) to get php to help you.

If there are no php errors related to sessions, you would need to post your code for anyone to be able to see what it is doing that might be php configuration specific.

I am using the full <?php tags.  I also turned on full error reporting, and I have no errors at all.  When I change the words on a page, it keeps them the same as before, if I add something, it doesnt show up.  I have cleared the cache, and still no luck.  Not sure as it works on the 2000 server, but not on the Vista laptop.  There are no changes in the files, or the config files, as I copied everything from the 2000 server to the Vista laptop.  I am sure it is just a Vista issue at this point.  Anything else you can think of.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.