Image Conversion To Jpg? (No Imagemagick)

Popweb

Hi all!

I have been browsing throug a bunch of discussions regarding image conversion. But not found the answer, yet. So here goes.

I have a script that uploads images - resizing and resampling them.

But sctrictly jpgs.

Now I would like to make it possible to upload other image-types.

bmp

gif

png

pdf

eps

- would be nice! Or as many of these as possible.

I do realize that converting to jpg will in some cases mean lower quality images. For my purpose that is ok.

The only reason I want to convert to jpg is that I already have a function to reseize jpgs. (I resize to either a max height or a max width, depending on landscape or portrait).

But if it is easier to just resize the other image-formats, instead of converting to jpg - then that is perfectly ok too.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

John

The GD library is installed.

But not Imagemagick. - And as far as I understand Imagemagick is needed, to use Imagick.

Third party service?

Any particular in mind?

I was sort of hoping that somebody had experience with a library or opensource code of some sort. :-)

No?

Dear Premiso!

I am going to check out your link. And I thank you very much for your time and appreciate that you are doing this to help, and not geting paid.

Thank you for that.

However, - your "Let me google this for you"-addition is straight out arrogant.

In the sourcecode for it, was added:

"For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves."

.... Excuse me?!!

I do NOT find it "more convenient to bother you with my question rather than google it, myself". I feel like I spend half my time googling, - and thats perfectly ok. I need to, in order to find what I need.

The fact that I ask a question here, is based on me being insecure - and was hoping that somebody out there had experience with something, and would like to share their experience and knowledge.

I googled. But the link that you came up with, I actually hadn't found. I know - I am probably not a very good googler. So be it, we all do things as best as we can.

I thank you again, for your help. It actually IS very much appreciated. But please dont assume that other people are lazy and idiots. (well... google-idiots perhaps, but in general - please dont).

It is an awkward situation, because you ARE helping me. So according to social codecs it feels like I am not allowed speak up, when you say: "Here is your answer. - You lazy idiot". Please consider this.

That said, the "Let me google this for you" is actually funny. :-) You just hit a nerve with me. I really do try to do my own work.

Peace,

John

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.