3 replies to this topic

#1 yoursurrogategod

yoursurrogategod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi, I just read the phrase "turnkey solution". What does that mean?

#2 KevinM1

KevinM1

Snarkimus Prime

• Moderators
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

It's a metaphor for something that works properly out of the box, with minimal-to-no fiddling with things. Turnkey, I believe, comes from automobiles, where you turn the key and it just runs. Same idea.

Example: WordPress (yuck) is largely turnkey. You install it, enter some basic info, and *boom*, working blog. An Xbox 360/PS3/Wii/whatever is turnkey as all you have to do is plug it into a wall outlet and a TV for it to work.

#3 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Administrators
  • 14,745 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

It's when you have to hunt for your thanksgiving dinner but the damn bird keeps running around you and won't sit still.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 aditd

aditd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi, I just read the phrase "turnkey solution". What does that mean?

You can think it like: one click away - you push a button and you have a full functional site.
Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com