#1 BorysSokolov

BorysSokolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationBratislava

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi. I'd like to get some feedback on my portfolio website before I begin to use it. At the moment, it doesn't look too bad in my opinion, but I'm not exactly satisfied with it either. The main issues I have with it are the fonts and the color scheme. Perhaps your honest critique will help me improve it.

The website: http://www.lian-design.com/

By the way, don't pay too much attention to content of the text, I will revise it when I'll have the time. Also, the email form doesn't work at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited by BorysSokolov, 01 September 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Adam

Adam

Advanced Member

• Gurus
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationSheffield / UK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

* Not keen on the mix of fonts. Mainly the one used in the nav, but I don't think any of them work particularly well together. Maybe Google for some nice font combinations; Google Web Fonts has a good selection to choose from.

* The slogan in your logo reads a little repetitive having "design" in there twice. I would either use a synonym or go with something different.

* I don't think the background image you've used goes with your "clean + simple" headline. I removed it with the web inspector and I preferred it plain white. I would look for a better one; try subtlepatterns.com.

* The nav is a little odd when you click "Contact Me" and it loads the "Who I am" page and jumps to a contact form. Just a minor usability issue to think about. I've been working on a portfolio myself recently, it's not done by any means, but maybe go with a similar chasing nav and have everything on one page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com