Changed php version now php scripts not working?

rocky48

I have just upgraded PHP on my ISP server and none of the php scripts work.

I was using 5.2. And I am now on 5.4.

Why would the scripts stop working?

Are there and patches or changes I need to make to make them work?

I need an answer urgently!

Impossible for us to say with the little information you've provided. But, this should be a learning experience to test your application in a newer version before deploying it.

You'll probably need to enable full error reporting on your pages and see what errors are thrown so you know what needs to be fixed. If you have any "simple" pages, you could post one here to get some input. But, whatever problems exist on that page may not necessarily be indicative of problems on other pages.

i recommend that you read the relevant php version migration sections in the php documentation so that you are aware of what has changed in php over time that will affect your code - http://us3.php.net/manual/en/appendices.php

in just scanning the list of backward incompatible changes for the version numbers you mentioned, the two most likely causes of your scripts no longer working is the removal of register_globals and/or magic_quotes_xxxxxx.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.