copy php files from linux to windows

jagguy
Go to solution Solved by trq,

I need to copy php files from remote linux (apache) server to windows usb drive.

I am using php windows but the files were created in php under linux.

Do I just download them or do I need to do something to make this work

Did you create an ftp account to this domain? If so, all you need to do is to connect to the server via some GUI or console ftp program ( FileZilla Client version is a good choice) and to download files into your local flash drive.

ok you have made it clear about no (major)issues to expect.

So can I conclude you can place text files on either windows/linux without worrying about compatibility issues?

With cpanel I have a direct link to files where I can download, why would I use a FTP to just download files when I can do this with cpanel?

• Solution

So can I conclude you can place text files on either windows/linux without worrying about compatibility issues?

Both systems use different line ending but this doesn't generally cause any issue. Its just means that sometimes weird characters show up in different text editors.

With cpanel I have a direct link to files where I can download, why would I use a FTP to just download files when I can do this with cpanel?

Whatever is easiest, it doesn't really matter. I think jazzman1 misunderstood the question / issue at hand.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.