How to include uri content after route traffic to controller.php ?

Dareros

Hi;

I have succesfully managed to route all the traffic to the file controller.php using this command line of .htaccess :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule (.*) /var/www/html/site/controller.php [L,QSA]

Now how to tell the controller.php to process the url that was passed. For example i have tried that:

controller.php :

<?php
    include( $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] );
?>

but the controller.php didn't do anything i keep getting a blank page when i browse any webpage such as site/index.php

so how to tell controller.php to echo the content of the request ? because the user shouldn't notice any change as if there is no controller.php.

Thank you.

You have to look at the REQUEST_URI and decide what to do. It's going to be (the path part of) the URL, not a filename. And it's even going to have the query string in there.

Or you can modify your .htaccess to say

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !=/var/www/html/site/controller.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule (.*) /var/www/html/site/controller.php?filename=%{REQUEST_FILENAME} [L,QSA]
Then $_GET["filename"] will be the originally-requested file. Except now, instead of figuring out what file to show, you have to validate the filename - otherwise I could go to

http://www.yoursite.com/controller.php?filename=anything I want
and get the contents of whatever file I choose.

Thank you very mush, your idea works perfectly. Just have a little issue i would like you to help me with please. When i move the controller.php file into a sub directory such as ctrl, the paths of all the files become:

The controller full path : /var/www/html/site/ctrl/controller.php

The .htaccess full path : /var/www/html/site/.htaccess

The index.php full path : /var/www/html/site/index.php

And this is the content of my controller.php

<?php
include( $_GET['filename'] );
?>

The issue in this case is that /var/www/html/site/index.php which represent http://www.yoursite.com/index.php render html content okay but the css and javascript files paths contains wrong paths so they don't render for example i get :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/site/ctrl/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />

instead of

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/site/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />

The same for other css and javascript files so what is the solution in this case because i have no clue ? being in .htaccess or in controller.php.

Thank you

Edited by Dareros

Okay, i am using Joomla. So can i grab the requested page content and do preg_replace all occurences of /ctrl from links. Also is your .htaccess trick will alow passing QUERY_STRING such as a=alpha&b=beta to the controller.php because in your example $_GET['filename'] contain the full path to the requested physical script and so won' contain any query string on it also how does controller.php will process post requests ?

Thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.