Adding Converting symbols to html Code

clifweb

I have created a web site to submit to the web page. the language of the site is maltese and have some special character ex:

Capitals

Ċ Ċ (capital C dot) normalKeyboard key = ~

Ġ Ġ (capital G dot) normalKeyboard key = {

Ħ Ħ (capital H bar) normalKeyboard key = }

Ż Ż (capital Z dot) normalKeyboard key = |

Lowercase

ċ ċ (lower C dot) normalKeyboard key = `

ġ ġ (lower G dot) normalKeyboard key = [

ħ ħ (lower H bar) normalKeyboard key = ]

ż ż (lower Z dot) normalKeyboard key = \

if I use a maltese keyboard in the textBox the text will be displayed incorect and if i use the html Code it will be seen corectly.

I used the strReplace but the z with a dot is being duplicated when changing from \ to ż  ?

ermmm - not sure exactly what your are asking but if the text in your text box is submitted to a database then ensure that the database has the correct character encoding support AND that you have the correct language and corresponding text format i your headers (probaly best to stick to utf8...

Sorry but that is all I can suggest right now - if you could provide a little more detail as to what you are doing (is this a cms of a flat file site etc etc) then we may be able to help a little more...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.