SEO: Importance of Page Rank

NovaArgon

I guess its all in the look of my page. I am really good with Dreamweaver so I can make really cool looking front pages. I don't know jack about php so getting the forums to look cool is imposable unless I find someone willing to do the phpbb style code or whatever.

Is it better to have my forums on the front page www.drysnot.com or is it better to have my forums on a sub level www.drysnot.com/forum

I know that page rank applies to the first page then once the page rank for that page gets high enough the bots dig a little deeper and find the forums but if my front page has very little text and a ton of images that will look cool to a user but be crap for a bot.

Whats better in my case front page or just forums?

Thanks

SEO should be a thing you keep mindful about, but in reality it is the content that attract the visitors. Who cares if you get 100 visistors to your website because of google.com ... but if you can't keep them or have them register - you then have miserably failed.

So take my advice, and stop worrying about google. Just get good content down and soon you'll see that users start flocking in,.. andso will the search engines!  ;D

well do you have any important information to put in the top level

index page? or is it just gonna be a basic page with some sort of

link to the forums page? if its just going to be a link to the forum,

then yea go ahead and make the forum in the root level, but if you

are going to have important information on the root level index, keep

it. Because from what I've learned, robots look for the keywords in

you content, so if you will have a bunch of important content, you

can fill it up with keywords and the robots will still find your forums.

and like TheFilmGod mentioned, be sure to not only be appealing to

the robots, but your website has to be appealing to your guests as

well

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.