Pharmacy Website

graham23s

Yep the website is too wide. Probably uve tested it on high resolutions, but im on 1024x768 with IE7 and i have to use the hscroll bar. From what i can see, that top banner makes it wider. For having limited skills in design, uve done a pretty good job. The overall white and light-gray feeling gives the idea of the aim of the website (pharmacy in this case :)). Dont have any good suggestions other then making the search products section a bit more like...search. U could add some fields and make it more advanced. Also clean your get input and make display_errorrs = 'off' as u dont want to get 4 warnings when i add a single quote to ?id=xx :)

Also, take the blue / red / pink add off from the left away!

And there is a small pixelmistake in the itemboxes, the left line is one pixel off from the corner.

And I personally find it irritating when the menutext is downsizing when hovering. The colorchange is very sufficent for it, no need to change the fontsize too.

But other than that, good job! :)

Actually, it doesn't look great at high resolutions either.  I'm running 1600x1050 and there's a ton of white space. 

Other suggestions:

1) Clean up your error checking on the search.  A no result search gives php errors.

2) I'd lose the background around the breadcrumb navigation area and just let that text float with the rest of the site.

3) Make your menu dynamic enough so that if there are no products in that category that it doesn't show up.

4) Center the top logo.

5) Add more images or do something to remove some of the white space at the top.  It looks very boring and would warm it up a touch if you added some images.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.