[SOLVED] History Header

Hagbard

is there any way in the header file to have the page go back two pages

header ("location: index.php");  - will take you back to index and I know if I make an input button it can go back a page

<input type=button value=\"Go Back to List\" onClick=\"history.go(-1)\"> | ";

but is there any way to combine the two so that it will automatically go back a page?

Yes the code will be put into a process page but I want it to go back to the page before the page that started the process.

Now give me a second to reread my reply and make sure I said that right. lol

But yes I need to go back 2 pages.

I do have a sessions script already running. However if that came to it I could just create a separate process page for each and point it to the page I'm looking for.

I have

post 1

post 2

post 3

post 4

I could just create a process page for each one that points to its respected page.

<body onload="javascript: history.go(-2)">

That'll send them back two pages in their history, which might not be too reliable (they may have visited other pages in between)...You should store the page before the page in a session variable and redirect them like that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.