[SOLVED] Options other than iframes?

Guardian-Mage

Not sure where to put this, but...

I have a hosting package with 1&1 which I dislike. I have my main hosting package, and another package just for a domain. I currently have the seperate domain pointing to a subdomain within my main hosting package using iFrames. The only other option I see is using HTTP redirects which I don't want. With iFrames, it messes up my mime type, and it doesn't let me bookmark pages, everytime I press refresh it takes me back to index.html. Is it possible using DNS or CNAME with 1&1 to fix this so it acts normally?

Darylmahar.com using iFrames to connect to dm.northernlightstech.com

sounds like you need a server alias(ServerAlias Darylmahar.com) for  dm.northernlightstech.com or a proxy. If they have mod_proxy enabled(I doubt it) you could use a proxy rewrite like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ http://dm.northernlightstech.com/$1 [P,L]

I am trying to use CNAMES right now, but my host is taking forever. I want darylmahar.com to show the content of dm.northernlightstech.com without using frames/redirects. I don't want anybody to know that their is a domain called dm.northernlightstech.com, only darylmahar.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.