Multi threaded

Imad

Hi guys, I've asked this question previously, however, I want to see if you guys know any good tutorials you can link me too. I'm creating a mini forum script that's experimental, I know that the posts need to correlate with the thread id so that all posted posts don't go into other threads. I need a tutorial to teach me how to develop something where the posts for a certain thread aren't viewed in other threads. The tutorial doesn't need to be something thread and post related, just something related to what I want to do.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards.

For the database part, you'll want to understand normalization, the WHERE clause, and table joins.  It might also be beneficial to understand hierarchical data as well.

For the PHP part, you just need to know how to connect to the database (mysql_connect()) and run SELECT queries (mysql_query()).  When you select data you loop over it and generate XHTML.

You should be able to Google some of those topics and get at what you want.

Or you might try one of these: Google Search Results

For the database part, you'll want to understand normalization, the WHERE clause, and table joins.  It might also be beneficial to understand hierarchical data as well.

For the PHP part, you just need to know how to connect to the database (mysql_connect()) and run SELECT queries (mysql_query()).  When you select data you loop over it and generate XHTML.

You should be able to Google some of those topics and get at what you want.

Or you might try one of these: Google Search Results

Thanks for your input. I know how to connect to MySQL, I did create the necessary tables, I just forgot how to grab them. BlueSkyIS gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help guys.  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.