[SOLVED] WAMP over home network

bumba000

Now about that .htaccess for mysql. . .

Can't find it. Don't see anything like it and the best I'm coming up with breaks mysql all together.

So phpmyadmin works fine from the main battle station but from any other - "Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server."

Done some googling and found out that WAMP has a custom phpmyadmin.conf file (located in

C:/wamp/apache2/conf/alias). In this configuration file WAMP limits connections to the /phpmyadmin folder to localhost connections only. If you want to access phpmyadmin from your network then open phpmyadminc.conf for editing and find the following line:

Allow from 127.0.0.1

Change that line to:

Allow from 127.0.0.1 192.168.2.102

Change 192.1638.2.102 to the Ip address of your Vista laptop internal LAN address. Save phpmyadmin.conf and restart WAMP. You should now be able to access phpmadmin from your laptop.

E:\wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf & E:\wamp\alias\sqlitemanager.conf

To gain access change 127.0.0.1 to "all" <--- without the dbl quotes.

Thank you guys for all the help. Now that you've helped me crack the code here for wamp I can begin practicing php! didn't want to have to ftp everytime to check my work. Hey maybe I'll learn enough to be able to help out here someday.

Thanks again,

John

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.