Max 4 Checkboxes down the page

mkr365

Hello,

My checkboxes are being read from a database, that works perfectly fine. They are showing up down te page.

But is it possible that my checkboxes are being shown down the page but now with maximum 4? So you get 4 checkboxes down the page and than a row with another 4 checkboxes and so on.

At the moment if i have for example 10 checkboxes they are now showing up down the page underneath each other, and i want in each row 4 checkboxes showing up.

I hope its a little bit clear  Wink

if ($categorien == $query['RubriekID']) 
              echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'<br />'; 
        else 
            echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'<br />';

this is just something quick, but check the modulus if the rows and if it equals zero you start a new group.

<?php
for($i=0; $i<10; $i++){
  if($i % 4 == 0){
  echo "New Row<br />";
  }
echo "<input name=\"categorien[]\" type=\"checkbox\" value=\"$i\" /><br />";
}
?>

You can put this in your while loop also

Ray

EDIT: just read your first post again and do you mean new column??

Whoo, I'm still learning so i think i need a little bit more help if you don't mind off course  :D

How does it work if i want this in my while loop.

while($query = mysql_fetch_array($result)) 
    { 
        if ($categorien == $query['RubriekID']) 
              echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'<br/>'; 
        else 
            echo '<input type="checkbox" name="categorien[]" value="'.$query['RubriekID'].'">'.$query['Rubrieknaam'].'<br/>'; 
    } 
echo '</td></tr> 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.