Just a Beginner

intodesi

U have the word design with big white letters in the middle, so to make ppl trust your services, u must have a nice looking design for yourself. I understand ure a beginner so im not going for semi-harsh critics here. What i friendly suggest:

- There is way too much un-needed contrast from the white background. U can try using a tint of blue, with maybe some diagonal lines so the focus isnt distorted.

- Said the above, the use of orange is overdone. U must have at least one other color to create a good color scheme for your website. Blue, red or yellow are good color combinations for orange.

- The main graphic is used on every page on the site. U can keep it, but as the focus must be on the content, u can try fading it out.

- The black text doesnt look nice to me. The white is ok, but still reading over an orange background is kinda difficult.

Design isnt easy as many think, mainly cos its a "gift" and depends a lot on the creative level. Eventhough, with hard work and some good references u can easily become a very good designer. Id say in conclusion; keep trying.

Thank You i will work on that :) like you said "design is a gift" which I know I am lacking, the coding part is easy (as far as learning it and applying it as a beginner) but I am having alot of trouble with design :( and if its a gift, im going to just stick to learning and start writting scripts :)

anyways thanks.. I will try to apply the crit :)

Yeah :( IE always screws me.. I can fix that though. whats weird is that contact form is in a table of its own, so not sure why its offset.... IE just likes to be difficult :P easy fix though i think.

and padding is fixed, I will have to go through all my pages to check for compatibility issues I am assuming, thats ok though.

and thanks for everyones input :) I am a horrible designer :P i just like code... and my GF is the hraphics artists.. so its hard to get her to do things right hehe..

ok the IE bug on the contact page is fixed, in IE all width's etc have to be defined for each row/column in a table, while in FF, only the width on the first row/column needs to be defined.. FF makes for slack coding.. makes you lazy i guess :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.