Why you have more than one computer?

bilis_money

1 'old' Dell laptop. Barely used, only for presentations really.

1 Development/Home/Work machine with 4 cores, 4 GB mem and 2TB HDD. I should note that the 'home' stuff is mostly 'development/work' stuff too..  ;)

1 three (?) year old P4 water cooled box that is mostly doing nothing

1 family computer for everyone in the house to do what ever they want with (New HP it is a POS)

1 my computer for doing all the things that I like to do (program, make/edit movies, edit audio, watch movies, listen to music, play games, run a server, and much more) 2 years older then the family computer and much faster, it is an eMachine with only a graphics card upgrade (soon to have ~4GB of RAM :))

1 laptop, this is for my dads work (I think it is a windows 98).

1 Linux computer (trying to convert it to a server)

1 Computer with Windows NT 3.1 or something (no one uses it, but it is hooked up for use).

1 work laptop

1 personal laptop that we have on the first floor of the house to use for random surfing and email

2 desktops upstairs... one is mine, one is my wifes... but hers is sitting there doing nothing and we both use mine at the moment.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.